Based on the results of the assessment interview and the Employment Action Plan, one or more of the following components can be chosen.
Component 1: Career & Skills Assessment (2 weeks)
Participants are encouraged to complete this component before pursuing any other.
This part of the program includes:
- Aptitude, academic and employment inventories
- Personal and environmental dimensions to employment
- Individualized training and an Employment Action Plan
Component 2: Training & Employability Workshops (6 - 8 weeks)
This part of the program offers training and employability workshops suitable to the Employment Action Plan.
Computer skills at the intermediate level are required.
- Professional Office Administration
- Retail/Customer Service
- Employability and job search preparation workshops
Component 3: Job Placements & Workplace supports
This part of the program provides participants with on-the-job skills training, practical skills and experience required to gain employment.
Based on availability and the selection criteria, participants may be offered two placement options:
- Paid employment placements Unpaid placement opportunities
Component 4: Job Search & Job Maintenance
The purpose of this component is to provide specialized job search workshops, job linking strategies, self-directed and computerized job searching.
- Services are adapted according to the individual participant’s progress towards achieving their employment goals.