How it Works
Are you passionate about helping women, girls and gender-diverse people escape violence, move out of poverty, find jobs and access safe affordable housing?
Why not create your own unique fundraiser to support YWCA Toronto’s life-changing programs!
We will provide you with the resources to plan your own fundraising activity and help you make a tangible impact on those who need it most.
Check out the downloadable Fundraising Toolkit which will include tips on organizing your own fundraiser, helpful templates and information about YWCA Toronto that you can share with your supporters.
Choose a fundraising activity. Keep it simple! You can fundraise from your home, workplace, neighbourhood, or online.
Tips to Get Started:
- Get your friends and colleagues together to brainstorm.
- Find sponsorship opportunities and tap into your network for silent auctions items and more.
- Maximize your reach by promoting on social media, via email, with posters, etc., our downloadable Fundraising Toolkit will help guide you.
- Leverage contacts and use your memberships to partner with existing organizations, who can help support the cause.
Not sure what type of event to host?
Here are some examples to get the ideas flowing!
- Run or walk a race
- Host a themed party
- Sporting events and tournaments
- Birthday parties
- Karaoke party
- Fashion show
- Bake sale
- Oscar or other awards party
- Community potluck or food fair
- Skating or tobogganning day
- Stanley Cup or World Cup parties
- -A-thons – (walk, bike, bowl, dance, study, read, etc.),
Set a goal and collect pledges from your family and friends.
Already have an activity or event planned? Consider turning it into a fundraiser by ‘passing the hat’, or having a silent auction or raffle. Share your plans and ideas with us! We would be pleased to provide support as you plan your fundraiser.
Thank you for supporting YWCA Toronto!