Most Needed Items in our YWCA Toronto Shelters and Housing Programs
Below is a list of our most needed items. YWCA Toronto sites have limited storage space, so we prioritize items on our most needed list:
Hygiene/Personal Care Items:
- Adult incontinence products
- New toiletries, both regular and sample or travel sizes (shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, hand lotion, toothpaste, deodorant, body wash, toothbrush, floss, bar of soap etc.)
- New personal care items (razors, nail clippers etc.)
- Menstrual pads, diva cups, tampons, panty liners
- Diapers (size 1 and up)
Clothing and Footwear:
- New adult and children clothing items dependant on the season (i.e., pants, jackets, t-shirts, socks, shorts, dresses, sweaters, winter coats, etc.)
- Winter boots, running shoes, shower shoes
- Women’s underwear
- Bed linens, blankets, bedsheets, pillows, duvets, shower curtains, mattresses
- Cups, plates, bowls, kitchen cutlery
- Household cleaning products such as dish soap, detergent, bleach, cleaning wipes etc.
- Small Kitchen appliances (toaster, microwave, blender etc.)
- Non-perishable food items: legumes, rice, canned vegetables, canned beans, dried pasta, pasta sauce etc.
- Furniture items: beds, chairs, tables, dressers, coffee tables (gently used items may be accepted after inspection)
- Baby related items: wipes, formula, milk powder, baby bottles, Enfamil A+ baby formula
- Grocery gift cards: $20.00 each or more (i.e., No Frills, Food Basics, Walmart, Amazon)
- Children’s toys, school supplies, backpacks
- Art & Crafts items (knitting, sewing, painting/drawing supplies)
Thank you very much for visiting our page. If you have any questions or would like to arrange your donation drop-off, email Jenane Jeyaseelan, Volunteer and Gift-in-Kind Officer at email@example.com.