Are you new to Canada?
YWCA English Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) offers no-cost English classes to women.
English language instruction enables newcomers to develop practical English language skills, learn about Canadian society, become familiar with their local community and widen their social circles. Learn language needed in everyday life to help with tasks such as renting an apartment, buying groceries, taking the bus and going to the bank.
Through the Care for Newcomer Children (CNC), we provide child care for ages 10 months to 6 years while parents are attending classes. This program is monitored by the Childminding Monitoring, Advisory and Support (CMAS).
What we offer:
technology-enhanced language training
- friendly classes
- preparation to enter colleges and universities
- preparation for job search
- guest speakers, field trips and social events
- conversation circles
- skills development for life in Canada
- qualified and experienced Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) instructors
- Early Childhood Education (ECE) – certified educators
- transportation support for eligible participants
Practice your speaking skills in a relaxed setting and improve your pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary