Nominate a Woman of Distinction
You can nominate a Woman of Distinction in your community who has improved the lives of women and girls in areas such as:
Arts & Culture
Health & Welfare
Science & Technology
Please note nominations for the 2018 Women of Distinction Awards are now closed.
• Must demonstrate a commitment to and advocacy for improving the lives of women and/or girls
• Must live and/or work within the GTA but may have made their contributions to women and girls either within or beyond these boundaries
• If nominating a Young Woman of Distinction*, nominee must be 16-30 years of age as of November 10, 2017
– Current YWCA Toronto staff members are not eligible to be nominated for the award.
– Women currently holding a position in political office are not eligible to be nominated.
All nominations are reviewed by the Selection Committee, comprised of Women of Distinction alumnae, members of the YWCA Toronto and community representatives. Nominations are rated against the nomination criteria. Selections are made in consideration of equity and balanced representation from various sectors. Award recipients must be able to attend the awards ceremony and participate in pre-event media and promotion of the Awards. The committee may contact nominees, nominators and supporters to confirm information.
YWCA Toronto’s Board of Directors approves a recommended slate of Award recipients and all nominators and recipients will be contacted by February 2018. Nominations not selected in a given year, are kept on file for consideration the following year.
*Young Women of Distinction are Women of Distinction within the ages of 16 to 30. Young Women of Distinction are eligible for a $3,000 grant. The grant from the Julia M. Ruby Fund must be used towards educational pursuits or opportunities that will enhance recipient’s capacity for future leadership.