A seven-week instructor-led career planning and employment skills upgrading program, tailored to suit participants educational and/or employment goals. Participants enhance their literacy skills in preparation for further training, education and employment and/or to prepare for the General Educational Development (GED) examination.
What does this program offer?
- Improve your literacy and business math skills
- Learn the essential skills for employment
- Improve your skills so that you can be successful in school or work
- Be ready to write the GED examination (as an option)
- Have an individual action plan identifying your strengths and needs
- Improve your employment prospects
- Be provided with ongoing and post program support, individual mentoring, coaching support and/or placement opportunities
Who is this program for?
The program is open to women who are ready to commit to enhancing their essential skills for further education or employment. They must be available to attend on a full-time basis for 7 weeks. Participants should be interested in acquiring new skills gained through our workshops.
Please see training schedule for details on courses and dates
Who do I contact?
Skills Development Centre