YWCA Toronto Education and Training Institute is our response to the need for high quality, current and affordable vocational programs for women. The institute opens its doors with two post-secondary Office Administration career courses. In the near future, the institute will offer selective courses in management, customer service, leadership and communication skills.
Our certificate and diploma programs are approved under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005 by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
This new initiative adds another step to YWCA Toronto's 141 year old tradition of providing women with working skills and professional development opportunities. Join us and build your success here. We can help you!
What does this program offer?
- Full time, instructor-led courses provided in a supportive, women-centred environment
- Courses that combine theory and hands-on practice in the essential skills required to perform in the Canadian labour market
- Qualified and friendly instructors dedicated to your success
- Small, inclusive and thought-provoking class atmosphere
- Modern facilities with up-to-date technology and equipment
- Financial aid for those who qualify
- Access to additional job search and employment supports provided by YWCA Toronto Employment Programs on-site
Who is this program for?
Women who are:
- able to attend 6 hours of classes daily
- interested in advancing their career in office administration field
- entering the office administration field
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent
- Mature students (18 years or older) who do not have OSSD or equivalent must successfully complete a ministry approved qualifying test
All candidates must also pass the following assessments:
- Computer literacy
- Numeracy assessment
- Typing speed (20 words per minute)
Please see training schedule for details on courses and dates
Hours of Operation:
Who do I contact?
Call us at 416.269.0091 x239 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org to set up
an appointment with an Admission Counsellor.