YWCA Elm Centre has 150 affordable apartments for single women and women with children in the heart of the city.
What does YWCA Elm Centre offer?
A place to live:
- 1, 2 and 3-bedroom unfurnished apartments
- 150 private, self-contained apartments
- secure building with onsite security and closed circuit cameras
- utilities included (heat and hydro)
- coin-operated laundry on-site
- on-site playground
- green roof and gardens
- community spaces including yoga room
- close to shopping, schools, hospitals
- walking distance to subway and regional buses
- geothermal heating and cooling system
A place to thrive:
- opportunities to get involved in building a vibrant, engaged community
- program staff available to support community building activities
Who is YWCA Elm Centre for?
- single women and women with children who have a modest income and wish to live in a building for women and be part of building a healthy community
How can I live here?
If you would like your name added to the wait list, please leave your contact information at 416.961.8101 x397 or email@example.com.
You are not required to complete a rental application form at this time – we will request that you complete one when your name comes up on the wait list.
To download a copy of the application form please click here.
Eligibility for an affordable apartment at YWCA Elm Centre is determined by household income. Please refer to the income chart below. Applicants who meet household income eligibility criteria are invited to download and complete the application form. Send the application to the Intake Coordinator (see contact details below.) We will contact applicants in 10 business days to confirm that the application has been received.
Income Eligibility at Move-In
|Maximum household income||$48,572||$58,034||$68,823|
|(income per year before taxes)|
The application will be reviewed and placed on an a list if the applicant is eligible.
When YWCA Elm Centre’s affordable apartments are available, we will contact applicants (in the order in which applications were received) to set up a unit tour and review the application.
Once the applicant has met with the Intake Coordinator and all of the criteria have been met, they will be offered an apartment and provided with a move in date.
Applicants must please notify the Intake Coordinator if their circumstances have changed or if they no longer wish to live at the YWCA Elm Centre.
Who do I contact?
- rent is determined by gross annual household income (see chart above)
- rent includes heat and hydro
- tenants sign a yearly lease
- tenants are responsible for their own phone,TV,internet and cable
If you need emergency shelter please click here for more information.