1st Stop Woodlawn is a warm, residential community of women who share a beautiful building on a tree lined street in Rosedale. This historic building provides 72 private rental rooms for long-term accommodation. The building also houses a shelter for women and transitional housing for women who require additional support.
Living at 1st Stop Woodlawn means you are a part of a caring community of women who enjoy the large, open shared spaces, free breakfasts, a back yard patio, and easy access to shopping, TTC and entertainment. Located in the Yonge and St. Clair area, the residence offers rooms for women who've just arrived in Canada, employees working in the neighbourhood, university students and many others who appreciate the safety and benefits of living in this YWCA Toronto building.
What does this program offer?
1st Stop Woodlawn rooms include:
- private, furnished single or double rooms
- complimentary breakfasts
- community cooking with Second Harvest
- dinners for $15.00 a week
- recreational activities and trips
- resource library with computers and books
- coin operated laundry
- cafeteria, vending machines
- cooking facilities
- refrigerated food storage
- 24-hour security, closed circuit cameras
Free programs available to tenants:
- financial planning workshops
- cultural celebrations and events
- community kitchen
Who is this program for?
- single women who want to live in an affordable, safe room in shared accommodation
Who do I contact?
- rent starts at $543 inclusive per month
- tenants are responsible for their own TV, internet and cable
If you need emergency shelter, please click here for more information