Camp Tapawingo has been owned and operated by the YWCA for over 80 years. The Eaton family originally owned the property and donated it to the YWCA in 1929. Since that first year when twelve young women lived in White Cottage, the camp has focused on the needs of girls and young women.
Since the 1990s, we have operated in three seasons, focusing on summer camp, as well as spring and fall programming. Many of our Camp Tapawingo alumnae remain active in the life of Camp. Currently we have third-generation campers whose grandmothers also spent summers at Camp Tapawingo.