Located in South Riverdale, YWCA Pape Avenue Apartments is a 77-unit rent-geared-to-income apartment building for single women and women with children. We provide well-maintained, safe, permanent housing in which women and children grow, heal and thrive.
What does this program offer?
A place to live:
- large 1, 2 and 3-bedroom unfurnished apartments with either a sunroom or balcony
- three, 1-bedroom, barrier free suites
- secure building with closed circuit cameras
- utilities included (heat and hydro)
- coin-operated laundry on-site
- air conditioned units
- parking available (additional cost)
- on-site playground and basketball court
- community room
A place to thrive:
- a diverse community
- on-site Community Support Workers
- workshops and guest speakers
- cultural celebrations and events
- tenant-led supplementary food program
- tenant-led safety committee
Who is this program for?
- single women and women with children who are homeless or fleeing violence
- women who are interested in contributing to community life
We are currently only accepting internal applications from YWCA shelters. This includes YWCA Arise, Women’s Shelter, 1st Stop Woodlawn Shelter and Beatrice House.
Who do I contact?
- rent is geared to income (the amount of rent paid is determined by income)
- rent includes heat and hydro
- tenants sign a yearly lease
- tenants are responsible for their own phone, TV, internet and cable
If women need emergency shelter, click here for more information.