YWCA December 6 Fund
The YWCA December 6 Fund provides interest-free loans to women fleeing abuse. We help women establish themselves in safety.
CLICK to view a personal story about the December 6 Fund.
What does this program offer?
Loans of $500-$1,000 can be used to:
- pay rent
- pay hydro
- pay bills in arrears
- buy furniture
- cover moving expenses
- cover other approved items
The loan process takes 5-10 business days. Loans are repaid in small monthly payments by pre-authorized debit.
Who is this program for?
- are fleeing an abusive situation within the last nine months
- have a bank account
- have a source of income (social assistance is accepted)
- have a support letter from a referral agency
- live in Toronto or the Region of Peel
- over 18 years of age
Who do I contact?
Dela Aziavor, Support Worker
To support the YWCA December 6 Fund, click here.
The YWCA December 6 Fund is funded by the United Way of Greater Toronto, the United Way of Peel Region and the Canadian Women's Foundation and its partners.